Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC recognises mouse but won't work

• Please log in to reply

Roman Novak

Roman Novak

• Pip
  • 1 posts

It is the Logitech G300 (gaming mouse), it has the usual laser on the bottom still working but the lights on either side which are always on are not working and the mouse is not inoperable. My PC recognises the mouse in device manager and says it is working properly and the correct driver is installed. I've tried 3 different mouses, all of which are cheap and would only require a general driver which windows should install. I tried to plug the USB into a slot on the front as it was previously in the back in its usual slot and it starts installing then fails and won't install successfully. In device manager there are no yellow or red warnings on any of the USB devices.

I've tried multiple solutions which have worked for others but to no avail, has anyone got a solution for me 

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

:welcome:

Some of this is a bit confused, you said the mouse is not inoperable.

That would mean it works or partially works ?

Never stated the operating system, model of PC you are using.

I am not sure by what you wrote did these other mice work at all when you used them or is it you can not even install drivers and software ?

You should be able to first let your system recognize your mouse it would as you said use Windows drivers to make it work, the software you get from logitech enables other features for this mouse plus there drivers.

From my experience with logitech there drivers are full of problems always.

I would try to first uninstall the old software and drivers then reinstall the newest drivers from Logitech's site.

First need to rule out if there is a possibility the Logitech Mouse you have is damaged (broke).