Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (ntkrnlpa.exe)

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

rexless

rexless

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello,

I have had this BSOD for quite awhile and I have always worked around it.  But now, it is getting a little annoying,

TYPE: Laptop
CPU: i3 2.40GHZ
O/s: Windows 7 Home Premium
RAM: 8GB

Skydrive link for dump files and information - https://onedrive.liv...thint=file,.zip

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

//Vinh

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hi rexless I will try to shed some light on this.
According to your last two BSOD's they show a possible issue with power mode when this happens. Does this issue happen when you bring the system out of hibernate or sleep mode only?

rexless

rexless

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Most times the BSODs just occur with no warning.  It has happened when come out of sleep mode, but not hibernation.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suggest your turn of all power saving options and just set a screen saver when you are not using the system. Then see when it happens again. When it happens again then please get a new PCHF log to show the BSOD.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 21 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.