Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help!AMD Athlon 64 2.2 ghz 3500+ or P4 3.2ghz

• Please log in to reply

soucydakotah

soucydakotah

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey...i don;t know if i should get a notebook with a AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor or a notebook with a Pentium 4 640 3.2 GHz processor. I am looking at the HP zd8105 notebook and and Compaq R4035 notebook. What are the pros and cons of both and which one would give me more power?

Edited by soucydakotah, 10 June 2005 - 10:11 PM.

Advertisements

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
If its just strictly business go for Pentium ........If you want some fun go AMD

Just for the record the AMD 64 3500 is considerably faster than the P4 3.2ghz

soucydakotah

soucydakotah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok...but i am looking at one for gaming on and that sorta stuff, the AMD athlon has a ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M IGP with 128MB DDR (dedicated) and the Pentium has a ATI RADEON X800 IGP with 256MB DDR (dedicated)....does the 128 mb of ram make that much of a difference? and the Pentium has a 2 MB L2 cache and the AMD's is only 512K, but the Pentium only has a 800 mhz FSB and the AMD has a 2.2 ghz bus....so which would be my best option for gaming?