Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

heeeeelllllp!

• Please log in to reply

carolmarie4555

carolmarie4555

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
my laptop is having serious problems and i am a basket case. it has been great until the last couple of days. started off that i did not have permission to do anything so i started doing some research found out about a thing called trusted installer and nothing i tried works. and now this morning i turned it on to nothing. yes had lock screen entered pw next screen is black and is still that way please help and as i have said before i am very pc illiterate

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi carol :)

May I ask you more information about that laptop ?
What Windows version are you using ? Vista or 7 ? 32 or 64-bits ?
What are the last operations : installation, uninstallation, updates, etc. that you did on your system in the last few days ?

carolmarie4555

carolmarie4555

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
my version is 8.one when the ie popup started and audio popups i installed mbar to help it didnt work i had already ran malwarebytes and avg i have ie on here but i do not use it at all

carolmarie4555

carolmarie4555

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
oh and something called trustedinstaller seems to be what started this and took away all my permissions

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Carol, the "IE popup" you're talking about sounds like Adwares to me.
If I were, I would read the following threadto get instructions on how to create a thread in the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal section to get assisted by an official helper.
TrustedInstaller is a Windows system user that handles installations and system modification by the programs, it's a legit Windows user. However, if you're losing authorization because of the TrustedInstaller, there's good chances that you might be infected with a malware. Therefore, please read the thread that I linked above and seek assistance in the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal section.

Good luck :)

carolmarie4555

carolmarie4555

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
thank you Aura i will follow your advice.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

thank you Aura i will follow your advice.

No problem carol !

Good luck with the help request, you'll be in good hands :)