Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ividi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

TDSS is as popular with my computer as eset & aswmbr.  So no dice there.  Also my A/c det's are being deleted again - another hallmark of ividi.  I seem to have a ghost in the machine.  Did the economics.  We've got a week to sort this out. Then it's a system wipe.  If that doesn't work, I can (just) get 9 mths credit on a new computer before my contract runs out. Then I quit smoking on my birthday (17/7) as I've been rumbled by my  7 yr old.  Plan A looks good.  Anything you can do saviour?

Personally, a system wipe is looking like the best option. I didn't see any malware in the last logs posted, and with Windows XP no longer being supported, the odds of your machine becoming infected again very quickly are extremely high.

However, we do have an excellent Hardware Support forum and they can test your machine and see if your hardware is functioning correctly. But, with only a week to work with, I'm not sure if that is sufficient time.

Here's a link to the hardware forum: http://www.geekstogo...nd-peripherals/

But before heading that way, I'll need to remove my tools.
  • Download Delfix from here
  • Ensure Remove disinfection tools is ticked
    Also tick:
    • Create registry backup
    • Purge system restore
    delfix.jpg
  • Click Run
  • The program will run and remove the tools from your machine.

Advertisements