Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gmail error message "Somethings not right"

• Please log in to reply

John Bull

John Bull

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

I have been getting this message every time I logon to my Gmail. Other users on the web have also been getting the same message.

Took me a while, but drawing from what others have said, I took a hard look at Googles new fangled "Hangouts. YES ! That was the problem - Google has got a hangup about their Hangouts. Nothing to do with your computer, it is Google.

So get rid of the Google Hangouts until Google sort out their problems.

Turn off Hangouts and start using the old Chat.

1. In Hangouts in Gmail, click on your name.
2. Select Revert to old Chat.
3. Gmail will refresh and you can start using Google Chat.

The "Somethings not right" message has gone. Just avoid Hangouts for a while.
Screenshot of message :-
Gmailerrormessage_zpsf5201040.jpg

Edited by John Bull, 20 June 2014 - 02:18 PM.

Advertisements

John Bull

John Bull

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Hi,

To resolve this issue, plz read the given forum post, this post carries useful information regarding this issue and might it helps you-

https://productforum...uts/qObKU8r37e0

The link stated does not appear to have a solution either.

My conclusion after some deep fiddling around and reading what others have to say about it, is that it is a Google Hangup with their Hangouts. I have  put this matter to the Google Forum myself, but with no factual result.

Oh yes, I got a post inferring it was my fault by having some "offending" extension, but I also have an opinion and it is firmly that it is a Google fault. Not all the users who have complained can be wrong and have the same "offending" extension. Anyway, I simply want my Gmail and all my extensions, not Hangouts or Chat, or having to grow older waiting for Google to connect to Google.

For Google to have trouble connecting to Google must be some kind of joke.

My thread with Google is :-

The solution I gave them is the same as I have stated in my OP.

Edited by John Bull, 23 June 2014 - 11:38 AM.