Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba satelite will not connect to the internet

Wifi Toshiba satelite Vista Wont connect

• Please log in to reply

ImMad

ImMad

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi my toshiba satellite laptop running vista is running really slow and when i try to connect to my router it will say that its taking longer than usual and then not connect Im wondering if this is a common problem and more importantly how to fix it

Advertisements

ImMad

ImMad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Update:it will connect but it cant go on the internet

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Boot to Safe Mode with Networking. How does it work there?

ImMad

ImMad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Didn't work

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

How are you connecting to the router; wired or wireless?  Are there any other PCs connecting through this router?  If so, how do they connect and are they having any trouble?  If there are other PCs on the router / network, can this one ping those or see them?

ImMad

ImMad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Its wireles and there are four other computers and four mobile devices on ther and its all wireless

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

Can the machine in question "see" the other machines when it is connected to the router?

ImMad

ImMad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
No

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

Any firewalls on the machine?  What active security programs are on this laptop? 

When your laptop does connect to the router, does a yellow warning symbol show on the network (in the notification area of the task bar)?

Also, I'd like to take a closer look at the network on your laptop.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt) in a post here.  A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run (for example, your desktop).  Thank you.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Edited by dbreeze, 21 June 2014 - 05:36 PM.

imyeman2000

imyeman2000

• Pip
  • 8 posts

hi guys i dont know if this will be helpful but i have just solved this problem on my satellite laptop, mine was saying connected to wireless but when trying to log on there was no internet ! i bought a norton software few months back and it was this that was the problem , so i uninstalled it this morning and now my toshiba satellite is up and running again !hope this is of help !

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! Trying to learn!! May I ask what norton software??

Thanks!

imyeman2000

imyeman2000

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi sorry to have taken so long .....I bought the norton security for the 3 computers , I installed it on my daughters laptop what we bought her brand new at christmas then after a few weeks it wouldn't let her onto the net, it was saying connected to wi-fi ok but wen she tried to go on anything it said web page not available no internet connection, I read someone had the same problem and were told to do loads of things so I just decided to unistall the anti virus software I bought this morning and the laptop is working fine now, my daughters over the moon....I've also just installed avg free for 30 days, hope this helps