Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless mini-pci card "cannot start (code 10)"

• Please log in to reply

volan

volan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have just installed a Atheros CM9 mini-pci card into my Dell 700m laptop computer. I deleted my old wireless drivers and installed the card. Initially XP told me it found the new card and it was attempting to install it, but I got an error saying the card could not be installed.

Under the device manager it shows that the card "cannot start (code 10)".

I've tried several times un-installing and re-installing the drivers and removing and replacing the card, but no luck.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what to do?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go volan, try removing the card and drivers. Reboot and then install the drivers first, and then the card.

volan

volan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, thanks for the tip.

I tried your suggestion, but no luck. I tried an Atheros driver and also a third-party driver. Both times the computer detected the hardware and wanted to install it. I clicked cancel because the driver was already installed. Then I got an error message saying there was an error during the installation.

Any other suggestions?