Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Canon Pixma MP560 printer driver installation error

• Please log in to reply

northwalian1

northwalian1

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hi

I've recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and have been trying to install the driver for the Canon Pixma MP560 printer but as soon as the installer finishes an error appears with the following:

RunDLL

There was a problem starting

C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\cnmvsa0.dll

Access is denied

Does anyone know anything about this dll file?

I've contacted Canon about this and are saying it's an OS issue.

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,078 posts

Are you running 32 or 64 bit Windows 8.1?

Did you download the 8.1 driver from the Cannon web site here: Pixma MP560

Uninstall the printer and driver then download and install it again. Reboot in between uninstall and reinstall.

northwalian1

northwalian1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hi

This is the driver I downloaded which is definitely the correct one, yes?

MP560 series MP Driver Ver. 1.06 (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)

The problem file cnmvsa0.dll is an application extension so could it be an error on Canon's part?

Unfortunately they've abandoned support for this issue and are saying it's a Windows problem.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,078 posts

That is the right driver.

Google search does not turn up a fix for this. Several people with the same problem but no resolution.

All I can think of to try at this point is to uninstall the printer again, then right click on the downloaded driver and select Run as Administrator. See if that fixes the Access denied problem.

kamaranhussain2

kamaranhussain2

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I think your cnmvsa0.dll have some issue to access your system due to some missing files Cannon pixmal MP560 drivers. Here you can download complete package of Canon drivers and then install in your PC and i fully hopeful you don't face any kind of error. So, its a proven experience of mine.