Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my laptop will not at all connect to any wireless conection or see any

connection internet

• Please log in to reply

swifter443

swifter443

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have tried several things online but I still cannot connect please help!!!
I'm running 64 bit windows 7 I have also run 2 malwarebytes scans and deleted all it found I have no clue what the problem is

Edited by swifter443, 24 June 2014 - 04:18 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

:welcome:   swifter443

What is the brand and model name or number of your notebook.

Is the wireless LED on the notebook lit up telling you that the wireless device is turned on.

swifter443

swifter443

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
It is an asus k55n no the led is off

swifter443

swifter443

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Oh wait nevermind the led is on now

swifter443

swifter443

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
But same problem it says no connections avalible

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Have you tried pressing the Fn and the F2 keys down together, if yes but with no joy can you tell us what else you have tried.

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  

swifter443

swifter443

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I did fn f2 and still here first I did was troubleshoot which gave me this "diagnostics policy service is not running" I tried running it as administrator but I got error 5 "acces is denied"

swifter443

swifter443

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Oh yeah I went through and gave my self full acces already oh yeah and also thanks for the edit tip!!!

Edited by swifter443, 24 June 2014 - 04:03 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Go to start > search and then type:- cmd, right click on returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:- net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice press Enter then type: net localgroup Administrators /add localservice press Enter then type: exit press Enter and restart your computer

Open services and make sure the service is started.

Going offline now as it is getting late here but hopefully the above will resolve the issue.

swifter443

swifter443

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I got error 5 again thanks for responding I still need more help

Edited by swifter443, 25 June 2014 - 07:28 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Please try starting the notebook in Safe Mode with Networking, this to see if it could be a driver issue;

1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, click the arrow next to the Shut Down button eb058ccf-b21e-4dfe-9bb7-1ad6c83b705c_47., and then click Restart.
  2. Do one of the following:

• If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

• If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter. For more information about options, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).

4. Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your monitor. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.

swifter443

swifter443

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Alright I am in safe mode earlier I was having some issues installing drivers could that be it?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Are you in Safe Mode with Networking, if yes, do you have a wireless connection.

swifter443

swifter443

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yes and no network connection

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

Can you find the MalwareBytes's logs of what was removed (last couple or three scans) and post them here?  Did you have wireless networking before the MBAM cleaning?