Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Drops to 0 FPS Every 10 Seconds

• Please log in to reply

TheMattVid

TheMattVid

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

I have a problem in which I have a serious stuttering issue when a lot of CPU is in use. Every 5 to 15 seconds, my games drop to 0 fps for .5-2 seconds. I found out that the temperature of the CPU was 90 degrees Celsius. I read a recommendation to turn from "High performance" to "Power Saver" mode to decrease the temperature. This worked, and the temperature dropped to 65 degrees Celsius in 10 minutes. I have had this laptop for almost 3 years and this is a problem that it has had for most 

Laptop
Toshiba Satellite E305-S1995

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i5 2410M @ 2.30 GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM
6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics Family (Toshiba)

LxjqVkc.png

This shows the drop in Maximum Frequency and CPU Usage that corresponds with the freezes. Since most of the CPU that is used is used by Java and Java is the program that drops to 0% CPU when these freezes occur, I am not sure the source of this problem.

Advertisements