Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Artifacts in 3D games.

artifacts radeon HD 5850

• Please log in to reply

alienduck2

alienduck2

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Most, if not all, of my games artifact while playing. It seems like it happens mostly when a video is open in a browser (youtube, netflix). I know I could always just close all the windows, but: 1. It shouldn't happen to begin with, 2. Some games artifact regardless of what's open. League of Legends artifacts to unplayable levels even when everything else is closed.

These are the idling temps and my Dxdiag specs. Is anything out of the ordinary?fans.png

Attached Files

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,037 posts

:welcome:   alienduck2

Overheating and a bad power supply are common causes of artifacts, a bad PSU can also cause overheating if it is putting out too much voltage.

What is the brand and model name or number of your PSU.

Has the computer ever been overclocked in any way.

One of the +12V rails on your PSU is showing a low reading btw, see tolerance table below;

Attached Thumbnails

• PSU tolerance table..jpg

alienduck2

alienduck2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

My PSU is a Tagan BZ Series 700W 

Also, I don't know if it matters, but it's mounted on the bottom of the case, rather than the top (my case is weird like that).

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,037 posts

My apologies for the late reply alienduck2, I neglected to click the Follow this topic box and so did not receive notification of your reply  :(

Do you still require assistance.