Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ever since getting new router some pages will randomly not load

• Please log in to reply

Falcons84

Falcons84

• PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Got a new router and this one is supposed to be faster. I did a speed test and it got 45mb/s compared to what i used to have around 15mb/s. And sometimes it will go fast but frequently i'll be searching the web and the page will take awhile to load. If i go to the exact same webpage a few mins later it might load super fast. Also, it is only happening to my one computer and not the rest, and this computer is higher quality than the others.

Im clueless as to what is up.

(just did speedtest again and now it's 30mb/s which is still fast so idk)

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! It's been my experience that the down load speed will vary. I think it depends on the traffic. Some tines I get 20; some times I get 15.Either one is fast enough for me. A web page will always open faster the second time.

http://www.speedtest...sult/3596528003

Falcons84

Falcons84

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Yeah, I understand that. The thing is whether it says 45mb/s or 30mb/s, some pages just either take a while to load or wont load at all sometimes. While other times those exact pages will load very fast. This goes on and off throughout the day and not at any specific time. It has been totally random from what it appears.