Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

• Please log in to reply

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello mango!!

Here is link for your manual! It should tell you how to restore back to factory!!

http://www.umlib.com...op/model/ML3109

Advertisements

mango_nj

mango_nj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Hi Donetao! thank you so much!! Will  get you that screen shot you requested.  I DID find the Reliability Monitor...found an article that helped me locate it on my pc, but like I stated previously....the only date it will let me select is 2008. I would try the fix I found to get it started....but didn't want to change anything and have it screw up my system any further....since you have to go into the registry. So appreciate the manual!!! Will get back to you.

mango_nj

mango_nj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Here you go!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• computer-mgmnt-shot.jpg

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello mango!!

You're very welcome! Glad to see you have the recovery partition. We won't know if it has been corrupted until we try to use it.

The thing that bothers me is the fact that you went through quite a process with our malware team before you posted here,

It is very strange that your Reliability Monitor stopped in 2008. I know what you mean about going into the registry. That can be scary.

The registry does not scare me because I always have a back up image that I can use to restore my PC. I don't recommend going in the registry unless you fully understand what your doing and you have a way to restore what ever you chance.

Phill's job has got him tied up and may be Saturday before he has time to reply.

I would really like for him to comment about restoring to factory settings before we decide to do that. If the partition is good, there shouldn't be a problem restoring back to factory.

The ideal situation would be if you had a back up image of your OS as it is right now. That way we could jump right in the middle of this and try all kinds of crazy things :laughing:

Some thing to think about. I use a program called Macrium Reflect to create back up images.

If you decide to restore back to factory, you will need to save any important data that you have on your PC.

Restoring to factory with the recovery partition will put your PC back like it was the day you took it from the box and turned it on.

I'm having a lot of tests run today. Don't know when I'll be back. Hang in there we will figure this out.

mango_nj

mango_nj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Donetao I thank you and Phillpower2 so much for all your time and effort.  Yea, going into that registry is pretty scary for me...LOL! I'm just a novice, but I can find my way around ok and follow detailed instructions pretty well. You guys are very patient and concise...that helps tremendously.  I won't be back in town until late Sunday night....so the both of you take your time getting back to me. We all have other commitments and lives outside the internet.  I will check this thread when I get back and see if anything has been posted :P

Edited by mango_nj, 18 July 2014 - 08:41 PM.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Your very welcome! Passing on knowledge to others is my hobby. Be careful on your trip.

We'll get er done one way or another.

donetao!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello folks,

Ditto to what donetao has said in his reply #36  :yes:

So that you have something to check on your return (different time zones etc) your recovery partition is a good fall back to have but before using it can I suggest that you try the Windows - All in One repair option first, running SFC again is part of the procedure and so may appear repetitive but please do follow the suggested steps 2, 3 and 4 details here step 1 is omitted as only the malware staff deal with anything malware related.

donetao (Gary the computer guy  :wave: ) has a valid point in that a back up image should be created and I am sure that he will be happy to walk you through this.

mango_nj

mango_nj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Hi phillpower2 and Donetao!!

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I've had business travel.  I have several things I'm going to try, before I do a factory reset. If they don't work, I'll certainly come back and post in this forum.  That way it will free up your time to help others that are patiently waiting. I hope you'll assist me if I do find my way back here. All of your feedback has been invaluable to me and I so appreciate your help.  I know you're extremely busy Phill and everyone want's a piece of you...so I truly appreciate your time and expertise. 

Donetao thank you as well. You're welcome to close my thread.

:wave:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

No worries mango_nj as we understand that other things take priority  :thumbsup:

Take as long as you need with this and only reply when you have the time, the thread will not be closed even when concluded only marked as resolved/solved.