Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

programs runs slow and stops responding takes for ever to boot pc up

slow start up and hangs up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tazdrh

Tazdrh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

The  one I did with usb flash drive the other I tried to do it usb also to burn the disk said it needed iso  file and did not see a iso file to be able to burn to cd maybe I am missing something

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

AHHH ok I see what is happening. When you downloaded the zip file and then unzipped it there should have been 1 to 3 files inside it. If you don't have a program associated with ISO's it won't show up when you try to burn it.

If you get the Windows version from HERE then it should be easier and you can run it from inside Windows.

Tazdrh

Tazdrh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Ron,

To run in windows I would have to be able to get there the machine now sits at Starting windows. I have to be able to do a boot up program and run the hard drive test that way.

Thank You

David

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Will it start in Safe Mode at all?

Tazdrh

Tazdrh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Ron,

No does same thing  sits at starting windows  at one time i could get it started but now it does not  but sit at starting windows.

Thanks

David

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Safe Mode will take a little longer to load normally. How long are you waiting for it to load?

Tazdrh

Tazdrh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Ron,

It has sit for 36 hours  on same screen.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

OK this would seem to be more a OS issue then because it is attempting to get into windows so it is accessing the HD.

Can you tell me if this is a custom build or a brand name system?

Tazdrh

Tazdrh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Ron,

It is a custom build I built it. I can not find nothing wrong in os  and even came here for maleware / virus  just in case I was missing something. I was thinking the hard drive is slowly going but I am not sure never had one go this way.

Thanks

David

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Unless the hd diagnostics file is corrupt I don't know why it would not work.

Advertisements

Tazdrh

Tazdrh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

okay I will try to do it all again  and see if I can get it to run

Tazdrh

Tazdrh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Hello

I would like to thank everyone that helped me with my pc. I did get the promblem fixed. the hard drive  was slowly going.  Thank you all again for your help

Thanks

David

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Thanks for updating us and I'm glad we were on the right track with the issue. If everything is now running correctly then I will ask that this topic be marked as resolved.

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.