Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics are messed up and AMD engine control not working?

• Please log in to reply

ego10fan

ego10fan

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Hello! So this is my second time starting a thread here. The first time was because of slow computer speed, and that thread can be found here http://www.geekstogo...is-slow-closed/. My problem was not resolved on there. But I have a new problem now, and I am no longer as worried about slow download speeds. It seems that during my computer clean up session on the other thread, It may have messed up some of the graphics settings on my computer. I can no longer play the game maplestory in full screen mode, because it says that my graphics can't handle it. This was never a problem before. And what really shocked me is that I can't use AMD engine control anymore. The first three photos are from my desktop in the order that they appear when I try to access AMD engine control, the fourth is from in game. 

Attached Thumbnails

• photo1 (2).jpg
  • photo1 (3).jpg
  • photo2.jpg
  • photo3.jpg

Edited by ego10fan, 03 July 2014 - 06:40 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

you need to download the driver for your graphics card. you apparently "cleaned up" by uninstalling all or part of it. if you know the make/model of your graphics card then you can go to the manufacturer's website and download the newest driver package (we know the make...it's an AMD...just don't know the model)

if you can't find the model number then AMD has an auto detect tool here http://support.amd.c...uto-detect-tool

ego10fan

ego10fan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

There is no graphics card, its intergraded in the ... processor? I think. AAAAAAaaaand I tried doing this and it gave me the same messages as those that are in the pictures, which I found to be realllyy trippy.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

even if it's integrated graphics there needs to be a graphics driver. what's the make/model of the computer?

ego10fan

ego10fan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Model no: p6-2127c

is that what you need?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

go here and press the "scan now" button. it should automatically detect what hardware you have and suggest the proper drivers