Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Non-Genuine Windows Start-up Repair

non-genuine windows 7 start-up repair startup repair

• Please log in to reply

ParagonMir

ParagonMir

• Pip
  • 1 posts

this problem of mine is actually a couple of years old, i just never fixed it because i wasn't using the netbook at the time anyway.

i had bought a used netbook (acer aspire one Zg5) from a guy around my age, and got totally screwed over, i paid 120 dollars for the netbook that had been "fully upgraded" to windows seven, only to get it home and find out a week later that it only had a free trial on it and it was then over, at the time i did not have the money to buy a new operating system to put on it and had no problems with running the non-genuine windows until i got a new desktop a couple of months later.

a couple of days before we were going to buy the desktop my computer ran into problems and had to run startup repair, but because i do not have genuine windows it will not go through, i now need to use that other computer because i do my schooling online and my other computer completely fried, leaving me with the old desktop that cant run the programs i need for school.

i have no money to get a new computer or new operating system at this time, i was wondering if there is a way to get past the start-up repair or if im just going to have to wait until i can afford a new operating system and hope for the best.

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! I'm not sure what your asking. If your looking for a free W7 install and you don't have a 25 digit license  code, I don't think it exists. Your friend probably down loaded the W 7 ISO file from digital rivers which is legal but you must register in 30 days.

If your looking for the system repair ISO you can find the down load here http://maximumpcguid...em-repair-disc/ about half way down the link.

I'm confused about what your trying to do, There' a slim possibility that the lap top has a factory recovery partition, but it's probably not W7.

I would suggest you go on the acer forum and see if they can help you!!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

You could order the recovery disc from here: http://www.restoredisks.com/findrestoredisk.aspx?gclid=CKbp5o2Qr78CFQIT7AodtVYAzA  It will load Windows XP though, not Windows 7.

AcerASpOneA0A110.jpg

$34.99 with free shipping.

You will have to create a installable USB Flash drive to install with as that computer does not have a CD drive, or borrow an external CD drive to install from.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

This would require some work on your part.

Dow load a free Linux OS ISO file, burn it to a USB stick.   Plug into the laptop and it will run in the RAM allowing access to the W7 system.   You can then save your Data.

You than install the Linux OS to the laptop.