Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows from old hard drive to new bigger drive

hard drive

• Please log in to reply

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello maria! Good job. You now have access to your new 750 GB and I'm no longer confused.

I'm not sure what the System Reserve partition is but think it's the hidden partition that lets you restore back to factory settings.

Happy computing!

donetao!

Advertisements

mariaj

mariaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

hey... I'm no longer confused :spoton:Thank you donetao and of cause sleepy dude. Its amazing to have people like yourselves around to help us not so tech minded folks out. maria

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Your very welcome! Helping people with computer questions and problems is my hobby.

I'm glad we got it done!

donetao!

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello maria!!

Got a good nights sleep. I'm still confused about your disk E (150GB) It shows 1397.26GB and 687.36 free space.

That doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe SleepyDude will explain it. It has to be a mistake by windows putting the decimal in the wrong place. :oops: 

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

I don't see nothing strange, Maria have a second Hard Disk installed, probably with size 1.5TB used for data most likely.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

I don't see nothing strange, Maria have a second Hard Disk installed, probably with size 1.5TB used for data most likely.

Ok Thanks SleepyDude!

That makes sense! Hadn't heard about another HD.

She sure has plenty of storage available. Where's the old HD, that was cloned??

Was it removed. Maybe it was in a closure???

Anyway, I'm not confused and it looks like the OP is good with every thing, and has a HD laying around with OS on it. That will make a nice back up!

mariaj

mariaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

yep guys I still have my 150GB HD as a back up. There is me and 3 others that use my desktop so between us we need a lot of storage for various bits and bobs. Thanks again to you both, maria