Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Laptop Says " No Downloads On My Turf !"

NO Adobe No Malwarebytes No Rkill No Dowwnloads PERIOD

• Please log in to reply

estacadatim

estacadatim

• Pip
  • 1 posts

It  all started when I tried to open a PDF and I got a runtime error box that stopped me. I flagged it on my troubleshooter and it said to uninstall Adobe Reader and re-install it. I tried this and the yellow and white " Open, Save or Save As" box opens and when I select  one (or all) of the prompts it does nothing, just sits there. I left it overnight and it still was just sitting there the next day. So I tried to run my Malwarebytes program and it won't even open. I have tried to download other anti-malware software and it just sits there mocking me......sorry I'm at the end of my rope. Now I can't download any programs or software at all. In the last 4 months I 've had my expensive Dell laptop die and my old desktop in my home did shortly after. Now all I have this cheapie Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 OS, so I tried a system restore back to before the problem started and again failed to get results. So please, if anyone has any ideas what to try next. If I start new and re- install Windows again would that take care of it? HELP PLEASE !!!

Advertisements

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

Hi, wavey.gif.pagespeed.ce.4AQn4GwL8t.gif Welcome to the forums!
welcome.gif.pagespeed.ce.jM2aDq5TfO.gif. My name is Biscuithd and I will be assisting you with your Computer issues.

I know how upsetting it can be when one's computer is experiencing problems. I will try to help get things squared away. For a start please make sure that you...

• Carefully read every post completely before doing anything.
  • If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
  • Do not run any other scans or other software on your computer unless asked as it may make this repair more difficult.

Sorry that you have to wait, unfortunately we've been quite busy lately. I any case, I'm here and ready to help.

Are you able to boot the computer? If not, are you able to boot into Safe Mode?