Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP All-in-One printer will not scan to computer

HP printer HP computer

• Please log in to reply

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I did try it again and no luck. When I first developed this problem I tried to use the USB cable to connect, and that did not work either.

Chris

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

I did try it again and no luck. When I first developed this problem I tried to use the USB cable to connect, and that did not work either.

Chris

Hello Chris! I live in a retirement village and I help the seniors with printers and computers.

I returned 3 HP printers to Staples before I got one to work wireless. I spent over 3 hours on the phone with someone from India. I gave them control of the computer and they could not make it work either. As I stated earlier; I'm not a big fan of HP products.

At the moment, I don't know what else to suggest except wait for Phill. It will be tomorrow before he logs on again.

It appears to be a driver problem. Maybe Phill will have some ideas!

I'm sorry friend. I just don't have any more ideas at the moment, but will keep searching and will post if some thing comes to mind.

Here's another link!

http://h10025.www1.h...tem=mp-122330-1

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture54.JPG

Edited by donetao, 08 July 2014 - 08:02 PM.

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Thanks donetao, I too spent hours on the phone with someone from India. I went through three techs before they threw up their hands and gave up. I have no problem waiting to solve the problem. When we solve this problem, it will give you a whole bunch of knowledge about a difficult problem with HP printer. Thanks for your help
Chris

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Your Welcome! I guess the last link didn't help either. Was hoping that would be the one. Did you run it?? What were the results?

Thanks! donetao

hppiw.exe

Were your results any thing like the ones I got in my screen shot?? post #122

Edited by donetao, 08 July 2014 - 08:47 PM.

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
No, I'm sorry it didn't. Yes, it was the same. Something is preventing the program from loading and installing, once we find out what that is I'm sure we'll have the problem solved. The results were, nothing happen. It just sent me back to the original dialog box.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

No, I'm sorry it didn't. Yes, it was the same. Something is preventing the program from loading and installing, once we find out what that is I'm sure we'll have the problem solved. The results were, nothing happen. It just sent me back to the original dialog box.

OK I'm singing off for the night. Just wondering if you can install the software in clean boot mode. If you think that some thing is keeping it from loading and installing!http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

I really hate giving up. :smashcomp:

Edited by donetao, 08 July 2014 - 09:39 PM.

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
That was tried in the previous forum, Malware, with no success.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello Chris!! I will be speeding most of the day in doctors office. Will check your topic latter this evening.

Hope Phill can help!

donetao!

Good luck! Happy Computing!

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! Don't know where everyone is??Drivers for your printer!!

http://h10025.www1.h...ct=4083977#N185

I guess everyone is taking the day off.

I just uninstalled my HP 7510. Put the disc in and reinstalled printer in 2 minutes without a hitch.

Works like a charm!

Edited by donetao, 09 July 2014 - 08:40 PM.

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I've tried all kinds of combinations of trying to install drivers and nothing works. Unable to uninstall because there is nothing visible to uninstall. No desktop
icon, no program located in uninstall program from control panel.

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! Did you remove it in Devices and Printers? Right click it and click on remove device. Down load Revo uninstaller and remove all Apps that pertain to HP printer.

Go to device manager and uninstall it there. Look in all programs and delete it there. Use Search Everything and delete all files and folders. If we have to, I'll show you how to delete all entries in the registry with regedit (There are a ton of them). Go into control panel-program and features and remove it there.

Then put in your HP installation disc and install your printer. You may have to order a new disc??

Do you have the USB cable??

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture48.JPG
  • Capture49.JPG

Edited by donetao, 10 July 2014 - 03:35 AM.

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I did remove it in "devices & printer". Because my computer is a HP I'm not sure what files are related to the computer and which ones are computer related. I do have the USB cable.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

I did remove it in "devices & printer". Because my computer is a HP I'm not sure what files are related to the computer and which ones are computer related. I do have the USB cable.

I don't understand. Type HP Officejet 6700 in the search bar. Search Everything will only find those files.Only delete those files. What do you see when you put the Printer installation CD in the DVD drive??I'm not sure what's going on. It looks like a driver issue to me. Make sure you create a restore point before you delete any thing. Would be better to create a back up image of the OS, but that's a whole different ball game.

Has this combination of computer and printer ever worked properly?? Does the yellow mark go away in Devices and Printers after you uninstall the printer?

http://www.voidtools.com/faq/

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture48.JPG

Edited by donetao, 10 July 2014 - 08:24 AM.

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
The only file that was found was a registry backup file in the document folder which was made during one of the sessions with Geeks to go. The disk does not start on
it's own. I have to go to my E:/ drive and find the setup file, double click it to run it. After that, I see nothing on the screen, but it installs just the basic
printer program and nothing else. The printer has always worked just fine up until May when my dad passed away and I needed to scan some documents. It would not scan
to the computer. No, the yellow mark did not go away after installing the printer.
If I can get you to read another thread that I went through after I left this thread on request of Phil. That might give you a little more information and background of what I've done, what worked and what did not work.

http://www.geekstogo...nfection/page-5

Thanks, Chris

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! I'm not qualified to be a malware fighter. You were given the clear sign and that is good. I did read where the registry may have been altered.

I've been waiting for Phill to reply!

At this point; if it were myself and the printer scan is important, I would seriously consider saving my data and restoring my PC back to factory.

Don't know if your PC has the hidden partition to restore to factory settings. If it does, that would be the way to go.

If not then you can down load a ISO file of W7 and use your 25 digit code.

I would rather have Phill asset you with that. You can look in disk management and see if you have the partition to restore to factory.

Should look some thing like this! You won't see this drive in Windows Explorer. It is hidden for your safety! I have used it on my cheap Toshiba and it works really well :yes:

This hidden partition(Drive) will not have a Drive letter assigned to it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture48.JPG

Edited by donetao, 10 July 2014 - 11:52 AM.