Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win xp hibernation problem

• Please log in to reply

gauri

gauri

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi I have a laptop working on windows xp home edition...recently i formatted it ...evrything is goin fine but im not able to enable windows xp hibernation under the power options it doesnt shows any hibernation tab on the screen...when i go to start and click on to turn off the computer only 2 things are working turn off and restart and the stand by thing is faded and even pressing shift which is a shrtcut for hibernation doesnt works ..it doesnt shows up with the hibernation tab on it...plz help ...i need it very bad...everytime i have to turn it off.... :tazz:

thnx

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi Gauri. Welcome to Geeks to Go. I found this at M$. Take a look and see if it applies: http://support.micro...kb;en-us;304754
Do a search on M$ knowledge base for hybernation and you will get 20 hits. Take a look at those if this doesn't help.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
To slove this make sure that all drivers are installed. If you still haveing problems post back. Just head to the companys website, from where you got the laptop and download the lastest drivers. The most likely driver causing the problem would be the video driver. I dont know why video drivers would not allow you to place the system in hibernation, but it does. On all of the laptops that I have installed Windows XP on, this fixes the problem. Hope that this helps.

gauri

gauri

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi!
I really apprecitae it for replying me back and your time to find the solution for my problem...thanks a lot! i really need it very bad. Finally...I got it back and the problem was with the driver and i reinstalled it from the website and its working great...

;) But there is one more problem i want to let you know...

Actually when i sign in to hotmail either using firefox or internet explorer...as i click enter after entering the password and all it reverts me bac to the sign in screen again it doesnt let me check my mails....this happens only when my zone alarm is activated and when i shutdown my one alarm it works gr8 i have no problem using internet explorer or firefox for checking my mails...everytime i have to do this.... :tazz:...I am using Zone alarm proffessional version 5.5.062.011....