Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NERO 7.9.6.0. installation to Windows XP Pro blockage

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

While trying to install Nero 7.9.6.0. Ultra to Windows Xp I got a message saying that Administrator is blocking installation of said program

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi waynf ! :)

Right-click on the Nero program/installer and select "Run as". Select the "Run as admin" option, enter the credentials (username and password) of a valid Admin account on the system and run the installer. It should work then :)

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Now I have to remember where i find my username and password of valid administrator account.  I haven had need for it for 8 years.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Now I have to remember where i find my username and password of valid administrator account.  I haven had need for it for 8 years.

You have a problem then haha but I cannot assist you with finding these credentials I guess, it's on you so better try to remember hard :P

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Would that be the same username that is indicated under Control Panel>System(Registered to...) and followed by a series of numbers such as this? 55274-640-2394127-23709

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Would that be the same username that is indicated under Control Panel>System(Registered to...) and followed by a series of numbers such as this? 55274-640-2394127-23709

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Nope.
The registered name and the Admin. account name aren't really the same. One is the name you input when you installed Windows XP on that computer when validating your information and the other one is your Admin account. If you go in "Control Panel", "User accounts", you'll see your different accounts listed there and once is surely tagged as "Administrator".

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Yes there is and it is labelled "Wayne Computer Administrator" but it is followed by this, "5bb001150".  Having said that it would be wise to note that the installation of Windows on my computer was done by tchnician the last time I had an install done.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Yes there is and it is labelled "Wayne Computer Administrator" but it is followed by this, "5bb001150".  Having said that it would be wise to note that the installation of Windows on my computer was done by tchnician the last time I had an install done.

Is that the name of an account under "User accounts" or the information you see when you right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties" ?

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

That is the number showing under User Accounts,  Properites on my Computer shows this . "Registered to Wayne" then below that this number, "55274-640-2394127-23709"

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

That is the number showing under User Accounts,  Properites on my Computer shows this . "Registered to Wayne" then below that this number, "55274-640-2394127-23709"

Alright.
Can you try to login into that "Wayne" account and use the numbers listed as the password ?

Edited by Aura, 10 July 2014 - 08:09 AM.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

I will give it a go

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

I tried using  the 20 digit number with and without hypens and i receive message that password is incorrect, and lets me go no further.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

You may not have a username or password on the account. Most are not set up that way.

Try just the enter key.