Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't fix corrupt profile - need a PC elite expert with ph.d in PC

corrupt profile corrupt user user cannot be loaded windows 8 reinstall windows 8 is garbage damn bill gates fix W8 impossible to fix user service error screw you microsoft (W8)

• Please log in to reply

CanYouHelpMe

CanYouHelpMe

• Pip
  • 2 posts

STORY OF MY ISSUE - OPTIONAL TO READ:

Okay so i don't want this article to be too long, but basically i've been having this issue for over a week and it seems hopeless. Yes i have windows 8, which pretty much explains a lot. So this is what happend, i was playing a game on my computer, my screen froze/my pc froze, i couldn't exit the game no matter what i did (i tried Alt + F4 and a ton of other shortcuts to shut down softwares, nothing worked) so i was left with a choice to just turn of the computer by holding down the power button, since clicking only locks the computer. Once i rebooted my sytstem, i got a disk error and windows automatically "fixed" the issue which took over an hour or so. Once it was done i tried to log in to my admin account and got the following error:

•  "Failed logon with User Profile Service"

I tried my guest account but i still get the same error and there are no shortcuts around this issue apart from reinstalling windows 8 at least. As some of you might know, the booting options in Windows 8 are different from previous operating systems, and Alt+F8 and all that other doesn't work because windows 8 boots up too fast. But; In windows 8, to enter the booting options menu once your PC is turned on, you need to hold shfit + press the restart button, which doesn't work for me and only takes me to a "alternate login" where i can login with both a username and password, which then dissapears in 3 seconds before the PC restarts without giving me the booting options where i can reinstall windows. I feel like my system is bugged since the shortcut/hotkey won't work and because sometimes i am acutally able to login to my PC, BUT once i am in, my desktop is black and the only thing on my screen is the recycle bin + if i try to access any of my folders i only get the following error:

• "C:\\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is refering to a place not avaible. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Make sure the disk is properly inserted, or that you're connected to the internet or your network, and then try again. If it is still unavailable, may have the information has been moved to another location."

I tried running softwares which won't work either and my WIndows 8 home screen is just blue and there are no apps or anything apart from my username up the right corner. So in other words i need to reinstall Windows 8 and i don't care if i really loose my files cause i got a ton of files and crap that i don't use and it's going to be like a fresh start for my PC which i think is positive.

MAIN ISSUE - can i possibly reinstall windows 8? Or.. do i need to buy a need windows 8 (it costs 200 dollars in my country, Norway...)

Okay so check out this link where it basically shows what options i have to boot into safe mode(link is safe don't worry): http://www.7tutorial...ws-8-windows-81

Okay so i got 5 options:

1. Can't do that, the system configuration tool is probuably not accessible before i am logged in...
  2. Shift + restart won't work, tried it over 50 times (literally)
  3. Okay so number 3; this is where i had hope, i contacted Acer, which is the manufactorer for my PC, and they told me they would send me a Windows 8 CD that i could use for the reinstallment, but that was before i realized i think i might actually have Windows 8.1, and in the article it says that the CD only works in Windows 8. I am still waiting for the CD to arrive and i am still going to try it out, but if this doesn't work i think i might just be stuck...
  4. A little more detail on this one: http://www.7tutorial...ck-windows-8-81  <-- okay so to do this one i need a USB flash drive and another PC, which i have. I am a little curious about this one and i think this might be the only way. So like it says, i just plug in my USB flash drive in the other PC (the one i am using now) which is not the broken one and create a recovery drive on it the ways it is described, then i plug it in my "broken" PC and just boot it up and i have access to reinstall windows 8?
  5. My PC unfortunately not slow enough for this one cause it's a gaming PC(i7 processor, 12GB RAM etc.) and it has got that BIOS thingy as well...

If you read all of this i really appreciate your time for it and if you know what i could possibly do then please reply, it took me over 2 hours to gather information and facts to write all of this cause i just want to play my games i bought on steam summer sale :(. Btw you don't need a ph.d or anything i just wanted to reach out to you elite/expert/harvard/educated PC guys. Sorry for my bad english i am writing this in a rush and i am not english myself.

Edited by CanYouHelpMe, 09 July 2014 - 08:06 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:    CanYouHelpMe

Something that you may like to check out is the Microsoft article entitled Creating installation media for Windows 8.1 you appear to have a handle on this and so may find it easier than others to carry out but any problems let us know.

CanYouHelpMe

CanYouHelpMe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

:welcome:    CanYouHelpMe

Something that you may like to check out is the Microsoft article entitled Creating installation media for Windows 8.1 you appear to have a handle on this and so may find it easier than others to carry out but any problems let us know.

Hi, thanks for reply, i think i've found the product key to do this on my other computer, but can i make a windows 8 installation media in this computer then use it on my other computer without it being the same PC? Cause i remember someone said that regarding maing a recovery drive or something? Thanks.

ruggie_uk

ruggie_uk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,083 posts

Can I just ask? Have you got AVG installed on this pc?

There has been a few issues related to user profile issues recently and it can be a very simple fix to regain access.