Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BootMGR compressed - Can't get to BIOS, keeps running pre-boot bui

Bootmgr compressed.

• Please log in to reply

rbronder

rbronder

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

My boot manager file is compressed or corupted. I believe I can rebuild or fix - I have a restore CD - but I can't get to BIOS or set up (F12 or F2). When I tap ob F2 or F12 I get a blue screen - "Pre build " tests. It runs several test, but I can't ever get the option to boot from disk.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated

Advertisements

rbronder

rbronder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I'm replying to my own post - I discovered that I was not using F2 / F12 correctly. I was holding the Function key and tapping F2 / F12. I learned that you DO NOT use function key when you are trying to use the F2/F12 action. When I tapped the F2/F12 key without using the Function key I was able to access the BIOS and set up menu's. I resolved the problem and reloaded my boot manager file. I feel silly, but thought I would [bleep] this for anyone that has the same problem.......

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Glad you got it sorted and thank you for posting your solution  :thumbsup: