I have a virus on my computer, in my "programs and features" I have a program called "installer" and the logo says NSIS. when i try to uninstall it my computer freaks out, avg open up with a whole bunch of threats, and my computer won't let me remove it. any help?
Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:48 AM
Welcome to Geeks to Go!
My name is Donna and I'll be helping you to clean up your computer.
Please read this and all subsequent posts completely before following the instructions within. If there's anything that you do not understand, please don't hesitate to ask before proceeding.
Please take note of the guidelines for this fix:
- Please note that I am a volunteer. I do have a family, a career, and other endeavors that may prevent immediate responses that meet your schedule. Your patience and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
- First of all, the procedures we are about to perform are specific to your problem and should only be used on this specific computer.
- Do not make any changes to your computer that include installing/uninstalling programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, nor running scanners or tools of any kind unless specifically requested by me.
- Please read ALL instructions carefully and perform the steps fully and in the order they are written.
- If things appear to be better, let me know. Just because the symptoms no longer exist as before, does not mean that you are clean.
- Continue to read and follow my instructions until I tell you that your machine is clean.
- If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask before performing the task that I ask of you, and please wait for my reply before you proceed.
- Scanning with programs and reading the logs do take a fair amount of time. Again, your patience will be necessary.
Please download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the to run the program. On Vista/Win7 or 8 right click select Run As Administrator to start the program. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
- Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click the Scan All Users checkbox
- Check the option for All under the Extra Registry section
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan won't take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files and post them in your topic
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened, maximized
- Extras.txt <-- Will be minimized on task bar.
Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:48 PM
Are you still having problems with your computer?
It has been over a week since you started this topic and I was wondering if you still needed help?
If so, please follow the instructions I posted above and provide the logs in your next reply.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users