Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Distorted picture through Otterbox

• Please log in to reply

brettt777

brettt777

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

I finally received my Otterbox case for my Tab Pro last night but after I installed the device in the case, I almost immediately started having the same issue with the screen as I did with my S4 and an Otterbox case; the screen appears to develop/aquire/absorb some sort of oily substance between the inside of the plastic screen and the touchscreen of the device. It's enough to distort the picture and the only way to get rid of it is to completely disassemble the case and clean the inside of the plastic screen and the device touchscreen. But almost immediately when I get it reassembled, it starts to develop again. This isn't skin oil or anything like that; I never use my fingers on the touchscreen, only a stylus. Even with that it happens. And like I said, my S4 in an Otterbox case does the same thing. My LG G2 on the other hand, never has this problem. I use the same stylus and cleaning cloth on the G2 as I use on the Samsung devices. The Tab Pro and S4 have this problem, the G2 does not. So anyone else have this issue and know what to do about it? Only the Samsung items have this issue and I find it extremely annoying as I am very anal about the appearance of the screens on all my devices and I am constantly cleaning and polishing.

Advertisements

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Have you tried a Screen protecter between the screen and the case? And which Otter box Series are you using?

brettt777

brettt777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
Otterbox Defender series. I never tried a screen protector because I just thought it was a Samsung thing since my LG G2 doesn't do it at all and it has the same Defender series Otterbox.

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

i use only Samsung phone because in my opinon there #1. I have otter box cases on both of mine, samsung Mega 6.3,  and samsung s5. But prefer the S5 because it has a better processer. Iv never had screen problems but i also have a screen protecter that would be my only guess. Or try cleaning with a Ammonia free cleaner like (Sprayway, or biokleen)