Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to scan without ink

Printer/Scanner

• Please log in to reply

PC Genie

PC Genie

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

I have two printers with automatic copy/scan functions that won't scan or copy with ink in them.  They are an HP Officejet Pro K550 and an Epson Stylus CX 9400Fax.  Is there a way to bypass this limitation in either one of them?  I've checked YouTube, but there is no generic solution for this.  I'm using Windows 8.1.

How can I scan without ink?

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Hi PC Genie,

Seems first HP is only a printer, second Epson is an all-in-one Printer,scan and Fax.

Could not see what ink would have to do with just scanning if that is what you mean.

Without ink could only scan the document to the PC,not copy/scan it.

If i have this right, should be a icon just for scan on the PC.

I have an Epson Expression XP-600 All-in-one.

Edited by jds63, 10 July 2014 - 06:20 PM.

PC Genie

PC Genie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Both my Epson and HP are "All-in-One" type of office printers.  The both have autofeed scanning and can print.  They both do not allow scanning without ink.  Sorry that you don't understand that, but I have these printers and I have seen these errors myself.  This is why I'm posting the request for help.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

O.K. because i looked up the HP Model and it did not say it was a scanner, now the Epson did say so, it was capable of faxing,scanning and printing.

Did you try the manufacturer's website for troubleshooting ?

How old are these Models, still under warranty ?

Sorry i did not help, see if anybody else has a clue on this issue.