Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer shutting down

• Please log in to reply

servetome

servetome

• Pip
  • 2 posts

In the last couple of weeks everytime I try to play a video or play a game on my computer my computer suddenly shuts down and I have to reboot it all over again. I went into event viewer to see what type of error message i was getting when this happened. The error message was from McciCMServices an it read The description in source MccI cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files for display messages from a remote computer. I stopped remote computer access on my computer and stoped the service on this McciCMService file and for awhile my computer was working ok now its starting to shut off again and I am not sure as to why. What is going on with my computer? Is someone has any advice please email me at [email protected]

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

hI servetome,

This service is sometimes related to wireless connection service on your PC.

In some instances it could be maleware.

From what i know keeping remote access open can be a security risk, but i am not sure how much you require it on.

For people to help you more you need to list the make and model of the PC or Laptop and system specs too.

Might also be a cause of overheating since t does also occur when you play games and videos.

Edited by jds63, 10 July 2014 - 06:05 PM.

servetome

servetome

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks jds63 for your reply, its possible it could be from overheating my computer is rather old its a PC and its about 10 yrs old. I checked with my internet provider to find out if I have wireless or wifi service they did tell me that I do which I was not aware of. But there has not been any increase in my internet usage on my account so if someone were accessing my internet through a wireless connection it would increase my internet usage. I ran a scan to check for spyware etc and nothing came up. So I am not sure what I can do except maybe try shutting the computer off for awhile let it cool down and see what happens. Again thank you for your message.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Welcome servetome,

If this is a probelm with overheating, first need to know if this is a Laptop or Desktop PC ?

Desktop i would open the case, but make sure it is unplugged from outlet.

Touch a metal surface on the PC, then check for dust and dirt on fans, heatsink and other PC parts.

Get yourself a can of compressed air, hold it upright to blow dust off of PC parts, with fans use a small wooden stick hold the fan as you blow dust off.

Could be issues with graphics card if it's a tower PC.

As far as it being a Virus, what Anti-Virus software did you use ?

Probably the modem you have has the capability of using Wifi or ethernet connection. Even if you are not using it.

O.k. do you connect remotely to other Networks (computers)?  Do you have Remote settings set to " Allow Remote Assistance" ?

Edited by rshaffer61, 11 July 2014 - 06:41 AM.
Removed reference to malware removal tool. Malware help is only allowed in the malware forum by a trained expert.