Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

adam_677

adam_677

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hello my name is Adam I have a computer someone built for me and I keep getting BSOD most recent one is

On Mon 7/14/2014 1:23:24 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071314-37112-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800035B741B, 0x0, 0x78DC000)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
if someone can help me with this and other BSOD issues to find out what is crashing I would be very happy if you need to  send dump files can you please explain to me how to find and send them

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello Adam!!

Here are some reasons for BSOD!

http://www.resplende...troubleshooting

You can down load Who crashed here ,about half way down this link(Who Crashed 5.0.1

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

You should run a chkdsk, memory test and a sfc /scannow. Make sure all Windows up dates are installed. Make sure your PC is not over heating!

Please post your OS!(W7 ect)

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Useful Tips for Dealing With BSODs

BSODs have a variety of root causes, but these tips will help you deal with many blue screens:

• Use System Restore: If your system recently started blue-screening, use System Restore to roll its system software back to a previous state. If this works, you’ll know that it’s likely a software problem.
  • Scan for Malware: Malware that digs deep into Windows and gets its hooks into the Windows kernel at a low level can cause system instability. Scan your computer for malware to ensure buggy malicious software isn’t causing it to crash.
  • Install Updated Drivers: An incorrectly installed or buggy driver can lead to crashes. Download the latest drivers for your computer’s hardware from your computer manufacturer’s website and install them — this may fix BSODs caused by driver problems.
  • Boot Into Safe Mode: If your computer is blue-screening every time you turn it on, try booting into safe mode. In safe mode, Windows loads only the essential drivers. If a driver you’ve installed is causing Windows to blue screen, it shouldn’t do so in safe mode. You can work on fixing the problem from safe mode.
  • Check for Hardware Problems: Blue screens can be caused by faulty hardware in your computer. Try testing your computer’s memory for errors and checking its temperature to ensure that it isn’t overheating.
  • Reinstall Windows: Reinstalling Windows is the nuclear option. It will blow away your existing system software, replacing it with a fresh Windows system. If your computer continues to blue screen after this, you likely have a hardware problem.

image54.png

A computer in proper working state shouldn’t blue-screen at all, but no software or hardware is perfect. Even a properly functioning computer may blue screen on rare occasions for no apparent reason — possibly as the result of rare driver bugs or hardware issues.

If your computer is regularly blue-screening, you have a problem. If you encounter a blue screen once every two years, don’t worry about it.

The above is a quote from the Web. It is not mine, but was taken from another forum!

Edited by donetao, 14 July 2014 - 03:25 AM.

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hey Donetao
I would like to start by thanking you for the help you are providing me I have windows 7 64 and I have who crashed on my pc I did the updates on the drivers multiple times and I have also reinstalled my windows multiple times and still have the same issues coming up

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi Adam :)

Could you upload the dumpfiles for us so we can check them out ?

Thank you !

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hey Aura how do I find the dump and how do I send it??

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Hey Aura how do I find the dump and how do I send it??

The files are located in the following folder : C:\windows\Minidump
Right-click on that folder and select "Send to compressed file (.zip)" to create a .zip archive. Attach that .zip archive in your next post.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hey Donetao
I would like to start by thanking you for the help you are providing me I have windows 7 64 and I have who crashed on my pc I did the updates on the drivers multiple times and I have also reinstalled my windows multiple times and still have the same issues coming up

Hello!   Would be good to post the dump files so Aura can read them.

If you have reinstalled windows multiple times and your still getting BSOD, IMHO you have hardware problems or your PC is over heating!

You can test the RAM by typing Windows Memory Diagnostics in the search bar!

You can test your HD with seatools--http://www.seagate.c...ols-win-master/

You can test your CPU with this--http://www.7byte.com/

You can check your temps with speedfan--http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

There's also a chance your power supply is failing. The only good way is to replace it or have a qualified repair tech check it out..

Please read this and give it ago--http://www.howtogeek...creen-of-death/

The blue screen of death — or BSOD — is always an unwelcome sight. BSODs appear when Microsoft Windows encounters a critical error it can’t recover from, requiring a reboot and possibly resulting in lost work.

A blue screen of death is the worst type of error a computer can experience, unlike an application crash, which doesn’t bring down the whole system. A BSOD is the result of low-level software crashing — or faulty hardware.

Edited by donetao, 14 July 2014 - 09:05 AM.

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hey Here is the zipped up dump files  hope you can find the issue I am having and there is a fix for it

Attached Files

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Good Luck!!

Attached Thumbnails

• good_luck.jpg

Advertisements

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thanks I will need it

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I am running 7 byte it will take me 7 hrs to run and then I will try mem test I did it before I would say for at least 10-12 hrs and nothing came up for errors

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

I am running 7 byte it will take me 7 hrs to run and then I will try mem test I did it before I would say for at least 10-12 hrs and nothing came up for errors

Hello! If you have already ran mem test for that long and it found nothing, I see no need to run it again!

I really wish you would give this a look. You can possibly scroll back to a time before the BSOD started.

http://www.howtogeek...ou-arent-using/

So the next time somebody tells you that their computer has been crashing lately, you should open up the Reliability Monitor and figure out what really caused all that crashing — because there’s no way that person is going to remember the super toolbar awesome game they downloaded last week.

Edited by donetao, 14 July 2014 - 08:17 PM.

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I looked over the article but this is a ongoing issue since I got my pc put together

adam_677

adam_677

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
So there has not been a time that I did not get bsod