Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adjust table size in html5 code

html html5 css responsive design sharepoint masterpage

• Please log in to reply

kmkurth

kmkurth

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Good afternoon, 

I'm designing a SharePoint site for a work project that will have a responsive html5 front-end rather than the standard bland SharePoint interface.  (SharePoint was the predetermined solution, so I'm making do with what we have.)  Rather than building from scratch, I've opted to take the free masterpage code from http://kyleschaeffer...l5-master-page/ and modify it.  Here's my question for the html5 experts:

I'm trying to get rid of the left sidebar content and make the main page content placeholder the entire width of the formatted white part of the page (not the beige background).  I've moved all of the left placeholders out of the way, but I can't seem to figure out what is constraining the size of PlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea and PlaceHolderMain (shown in screenshot of visual/code view).  Even though there is space to the left of them, I cannot get those two placeholders to become wider.  Where is that specific size being defined in the code?  I've attached a PDF of the masterpage code since I can't upload word documents.  

Thank you!  

<!-- page title -->
<h2 id="v5-page-title" class="s4-notdlg">
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea" runat="server" />
</h2>

<!-- page content -->
<div id="v5-page-content">
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderMain" runat="server" />
</div>

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.GIF

Attached Files