Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What computer should I buy?

• Please log in to reply

mispin

mispin

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Hello,

I'm going on exchange to an abroad university in September and I'm quite unsure what notebook I should buy. My budget is 600 euros, I could get to 700 but I'd rather not to.
There are way too many models around and I can't get my head around what's the best quality/cost ratio.  :upset: 
I'm also unsure whether I should wait for Broadwell.....I heard it's supposed to come out on September, but I don't know if I would make it in time and be able to buy it before I leave for the exchange.

Anyway, does anyone know of a notebook with these features in that price range?  :geek: 
Intel core i5 - fourth generation
4GB RAM

1gb graphics (I'd rather not have intel integrated graphics, but I can manage)
1900x1200 screen resolution (or at least higher than 1366x768)

The most important aspect - Very good battery life (about 8 hours is what I'm looking for)

I'm also concerned about durability, since I don't have much money and I can't change my notebook too often (I've had this one for 5 years

Thank you in advance  :D 

Advertisements