Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I.E. errors after upgrading sdram

• Please log in to reply

karen58

karen58

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
;) I have an Award motherboard 81DX, an Intel 1A30 rev 4 chipset, P4, running XP Pro with Firefox as my Browser. I was told that I could upgrade my sdram to 3gbs, so I got 1 1/2gbs(3-512mbs). When I insert all 3 modules, my system beeps steadily; when I remove one & replace it w/ an original module, the system will run & read the memory, but I get errors with Internet Explorer & i.e. will shut down. Any ideas of what my problem is? :tazz:

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Is the memory rated at the proper speed for your system?

karen58

karen58

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
The guy that I bought it from, now says that the memory that he sent me is double density ddram; it was supposed to be 512mb, pc133, sdram, non parity. I now think that it is too fast for my system to keep up, but I have never had this problem before. What do you think? Thanks.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
You recieved DDR RAM, but need SDRAM? And it still fit in the slots? Something's not right, but it doesn't sound like you have the correct memory for your system. :tazz: