Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My music is now dissappearing!

• Please log in to reply

Giggleheimer

Giggleheimer

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
A while ago I posted a topic about how my music collection had doubled when I tried to burn it to a DVD disc and had to make temporary copies of it.
My music collection stands at 1408 songs, and a friend of mine bought an iPod Mini yesterday. His computer won't support iTunes, so I offered him mine since I'll be getting an iPod soon enough anyway.
I installed iTunes and then spent about 12 hours converting my WMAs to AAC. At first I had problems importing my music library from WMP10. Every time I tried to import a folder it just wouldn't work. I tried to copy and paste the music into the iTunes folder, but that didn't work either, and once again, it left me with double the amount of songs I should have in WMP10.
Like before, the extra files didn't actually take up any space on my hard drive and don't exist in My Music folder, just in Windows Media Player, yet they were still there and were annoying me.
I did the tried and tested F3 search to eliminate the duplicate files, and just as before, the extra music started to dissapear. But then things went too far. As I watched the number of music files drop, I noticed that it started to go under 1408 songs, after just 80 percent of the search! The music continued to drop and drop, until finally it stopped, and continues to stay at 1198 songs, meaning that 110 files are missing.
I checked My Music folder, and found everything to be intact, and that no files were missing from there.
As a test, I tried to play the missing songs using the songs in the My Music folder, which slowly works, but is gonna take too long if I have to figure out what songs are missing in WMP10, find them in My Music and then play them.
I hope there is an easier way.
In summary, I have iTunes up and running with the right amount of AAC files, but now WMP10 is 110 WMA's short of what it should be.
All I want is my WMAs back.

Can anybody help me???????

Thanks

Advertisements

Giggleheimer

Giggleheimer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
That was really weird.
While I was writing about my problem, the songs reappeared. Sorry about that.

Keep up the good work! :tazz: