Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blocked by group policy on my personal windows 7 home premeuim laptop

• Please log in to reply

Aimee124

Aimee124

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi, My name is Aimee, Everything i try to do says "Blocked by group policy" I am using windows 7 home premuim, a IT told me it isn't possible and worked on my laptop and said he never seen anything like this, hoping someone can help me

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hello Aimee124 :)

May I ask you, is that your laptop or did someone lent it to you or a company lent it to you ?

Aimee124

Aimee124

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi Aura.

Thanks so much,  No it has never left my house.. That is what the guy i hired asked, he said i was part of a domain, I don't even know what that is

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Alright !

Let's see, right-click on Computer and select Properties, from there, click on Modify settings by your Computer's name and click on the Modify button of the new window that appear. What do you see ? Can you take a screenshot and post it in your next reply ?

Aimee124

Aimee124

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

K, I did what you said, all is has is change setting etc, but i can't open any of it because it is blocked, i don't see a modify..:(

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

K, I did what you said, all is has is change setting etc, but i can't open any of it because it is blocked, i don't see a modify.. :(

You don't see the following window ?
RSDoF95.png
Clicking on Change opens this one :
gtfIo2c.png

Aimee124

Aimee124

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Also i don't know how to take a screen shot of screen, can u help

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Also i don't know how to take a screen shot of screen, can u help

You can take a screenshot of the current window that you're seeing by pressing the Left Alt Key + Prnt Scrn (Print Screen) buttons at the same time. Then, go in Paint and press Ctrl + V to paste it. Save that picture and attach it to your next post.