Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vsmon.exe Application Error

• Please log in to reply

bsquare357

bsquare357

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Good Morning, This is my very first post, I apologize in advance for any mistakes I may make and hopefully I will get it right.

I attempted to load EZ Trust Firewall to my computer. I uninstalled Zone Alarm first at least I think I did. I keep geting the following application error:

The instruction at "0x01cc2e15" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read"

Click on OK to terminate the program

When I click OK it goes to a Microsoft Error as follows:

True Vector Service has encountered a problem and needs to close. We re sorry for the inconveniece.

When I click it it goes back to the previous error screen. (vsmon.exe)

This just goes back and forth. Just for the record, I installed the same program to my wife's computer and it works properly. Thank you for your time.
:tazz:

Advertisements

ZimBoy

ZimBoy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
bsquare357.... had this problem myself a little while ago and had to resort to using JV16 Tools to do an aggressive registry clean up of all traces of Zone Alarm.

Which is easy to do with JV16... just enable the backup/copy function before you hit enter.

After this you need only reinstall Zone Alrm again or in your case EZ Trust Firewall.

bsquare357

bsquare357

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Zimboy,
Thanks for your speedy reply. I tried using JV16. I removed all registry files that "appeared" to be associated with Zone Alarm, it did stop the two constant pop-up errors I was receiving. I attempted to re-install EZ Shield Firewall..after uninstalling it completely, it installed but didn't initiate after the re-boot portion, so I went to the menu and clicked the actual program and the same two errors re-appeared. :tazz:

Still open for any solutions.......Thanks,

bsquare357

bsquare357

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Still looking for a solution to this problem, I'm unable to load Zone Alarm now. There has to be something in the registry. Any help will be appreciated....Thanks

ZimBoy

ZimBoy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
bsquare357... just so I am on the same page. I use JV16 ver 1.3 and when I clean up/remove programs I use the following sections in this order 1st - "Uninstall Menu", 2nd - "Installed Software".

Send me a quick note if this is the same order of usage for you and then we can try to sort this out.

qilu

qilu

• Pip
  • 2 posts
can you be more specific about how to solve the problem?I am not very good at computer, i meet this problem too. Thank you very much

Edited by qilu, 30 January 2007 - 05:08 PM.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Here is my list for everything ZA. I have the full Internet Suite so there are probable many that do not apply. I would have jv16 search both for files with these references and registry entries for them.

Zonelabs
"zone labs"
vsconfig.xml
vsdata.dll
vsdata95.vxd
vsdatant.sys
vsmon.*
vsmonapi.dll
vsnetutils.dll
vspubapi.dll
zaplus.*
zapro.*
zllictbl.dat
zlparser.dll
zonealarm.exe
zoneband.dll
vsutil.dll
zlclient.*
Zonelabs
"zone labs"
vsconfig.xml
vsdata.dll
vsdata95.vxd
vsdatant.sys
vsmon.*
vsmonapi.dl
vsnetutils.dll
vspubapi.dll
zaplus.*
zapro.*
zllictbl.dat
zlparser.dll
zonealarm.exe
zoneband.dll
vsutil.dll
zlclient

Please use caution when working with jv16. Always make backups, and always use "Manual" mode. It's very easy to completely scranch your system with this powerful tool.

qilu

qilu

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for you applying. but can you tell me easier, directly. Thank you very much

Edited by qilu, 31 January 2007 - 09:37 PM.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Gilu- Please start your own thread, explaining the details of your problem and giving the specifications of your system.