Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to uninstall QuickTime player

Problem with QuickTime

• Please log in to reply

yooser

yooser

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Hello,

I am trying to un-install QuickTime  from my Vista computer , when I try I get an error message ,which really is just double Dutch to me !! It reads ; The following file does not exist or is not a valid uninstallation log file. C:\windows\system32\QuickTime\Uninstall.log.

I have tried to remove it using -- MyUninstaller-- without any luck and getting the same warning.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks from Neale.

Attached Thumbnails

• QuickTime.JPG

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi yooser :)

It seems like you're missing the uninstall.log file to uninstall QuickTime. What I'm suggesting you to do, and it might seems weird, is to reinstall QuickTime to that file can be created/added back and then try to uninstall it. If it doesn't work, you can always try to uninstall it using a powerful uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller.

yooser

yooser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Hello, 

I have just had a quick try of your suggestion , when I try to re-install QuickTime I get the same error message, which seems strange to me, I might add that my computer skills are of the 'basic' nature !

I'll have another go later on in case I am missing something.

Cheers Neale.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Well, what I suggest you to do is to use Revo Uninstaller Portable (this is a direct download link). You don't have to install Revo in order to use the portable version. Just download the .zip, extract it then launch the application. In the list, pick to uninstall QuickTime and when the installer fails, let it continue (click on Ok naturally) and then scan the registry and your system for every keys, files and folders left of it, select "Select all" then click on "Delete".

yooser

yooser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Hello Aura,

I've just tried your suggestion and all is well with me !!   It worked a treat , many thanks for your kind help.

All the very best from Neale.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Hello Aura,

I've just tried your suggestion and all is well with me !!   It worked a treat , many thanks for your kind help.

All the very best from Neale.

No problem yooser, I'm glad that I could be of assistance to you :)

Have a good day !