Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SSD & Intermittent boot loader problems

SSD Samsung Bootloader

• Please log in to reply

ruffmeerkat

ruffmeerkat

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi everyone I've recently brought a Samsung Evo 256gb SSD to replace my Seagate hardrive.

For some odd reason , every now and then when I switch my machine on and boots past bios, windows boot manager fails to loads. No message in saying it's failed just a white cursor. Sometimes if the boot loader fails I can hit enter on the keyboard and bring up the OS menu and select windows 7. Most of the time its either white cursor or loads normally ?

Clean install of windows 7 pro and use the 1tb Seagate HD as music storage and photos.  

I did try and select boot priority in my bios and had a little play in there and didn't seem to make a difference, if anything it's made it worse.

1.CD/DVD Drive

2.Samsung SSD

3.Disabled

SATA Port 1 : Samsung SSD

SATA Port 2 : Seagate 1tb

Both set to ACHI Mode.

Any help and advise is more than welcome, sorry about my English.

Many thanks, Tom. 

Edited by ruffmeerkat, 22 July 2014 - 02:22 AM.

Advertisements

ruffmeerkat

ruffmeerkat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Just to clear things up found the problem, turned out to be a faulty SATA cable, very lose and not seated properly. 

Edited by ruffmeerkat, 22 July 2014 - 10:47 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:     ruffmeerkat

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting how you resolved the issue, the information may help others in the future  :thumbsup: