Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

E-Commerce developers, I need advice please

• Please log in to reply

ElijahEls

ElijahEls

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Helle everyone,

Quick intro: I started a company based in Europe in Oct 2013 and one of our biggest projects is to develop an E-Commerce webstite for a specific market. I was recently working with a Web Developer in Ireland but at a serious cost. Then I went on to contact few in the U.S. ( I am also an American but live abroad & studied business management so all this IT talk is of a foreign language to me) and got quotes ranging from $20,000 to $80,000.

To me it just sounds ridiculous. Sure my project is complex and requires a lot of work but I am not a donkey. I know there are other ways of getting this done at a lower cost.

On the plus side, with the company I was working with, we have already discussed, elaborated and detailed out the

1. Strategy / Brand

2. Marketing

3. Business Model

4. Measurements & Statistics

5. Languages & Currencies

6. Target Markets

7. Requirements etc...

So all the inital work is already done.

I plan on flying out to San Francisco in August and since Silicon Valley is close by and I hear nothing but good things about the area. How do I go about finding someone or a team who would be willing to work with me for a nice fee in order to develop this project?

I know there are a bunch of skilled individuals out there who are looking for jobs...

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

Advertisements

ElijahEls

ElijahEls

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Anyone...??

Jasy_J

Jasy_J

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

:woot:  seriously ?  u pay a lot for it

Which platform have you used? 

If Magento let me reccomend you these guys http://magecom.net

There is another  way of getting this done at a lower cost.

I've worked with them ,

I was satisfied with their job, they specialize in magento and know well this platform. I think you can at least contact them and find out the price.

Good luck in your project ;)

Edited by Jasy_J, 26 August 2015 - 05:14 AM.

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts

Use wordpress for your site and blog - it's free. Add a custom theme from Template Monster to give you the look and feel you want. Add Magento eCommerce - again free. Finally add Magento-Wordpress Integration - yes free

That's it - up and running in few weeks