Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Want fast startup times? READ ME!

windows startup

• Please log in to reply

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

I know you all don't want to hear it, But this has taken my startup time from 2:00 minutes down to less than :20 seconds.

If you would like to try this.

Its a 15 day trial offer before buying. i have 9 days left on my trial. But i can assure you when its time to buy it i will!

This application has Registry error fix (Not sure if it entirely fixes)

It has a PC Health which gives you the options to change recommended settings or leave them the way they are.

It has Maintenance tasks. which allows you to do things like Defragment your computer every so many days.

It has a Rescue recovery option if needed?

It also has this Turbo button that turns off background features to give your computer better performance in start-up/networking

It really is one of the best applications iv found in a long time.

The best part is if you do not like it you can remove it from your computer.

Just give it a try

http://www.tune-up.c...CFQUJaQodlmoADw

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Hi Helpme,

Wow took your PC 2 minutes to boot before this, must of had a lot of things starting up on this system before this program stopped them.

Alot of the things you do with this program can be accomplished yourself if have the knowledge and know how.

Beware of using Registry cleaning with it, unless you know what you are removing.

I have this program and like it for certain things it does, like disable programs when not in use, then re enable for use, because some programs you do not want to have to completely disable them on your system, then re enable them to use.

So it makes this part easier.

Some of the programs it has are useful, some are not. See how it works for you. I have had it for quite sometime.

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
These programs are called Registry Cleaners. This kind of programs aren't good for your PC! A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance and can damage your Registry, which lead to an unbootable PC. At Geeks to Go we strongly advise that users don't use this kind of sketchy programs.

Here is some reading stuff for you:

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Hey jds63 Yea it was 1:54 on start-up before adding this application. I had so many things running it was unreal...

I can do most things myself but Registry is something iv never messed with.

Knock on wood, I have not had any problems with it thus far. (Fingers Crossed) lol

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Thanks for your reply Machiavelli I usually do not use Registry Cleaners. This one iv used 2 times in 6 days but only used the 'CHECK REGISTRY' Never changed any items that's why i posted "(Not sure if it entirely fixes)" But the rest of the Application is decent... :spoton: 

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

HelpMe,

Be careful on what you do, if not sure with it.

Don't use the registry cleaner in this program or any other, never does any good for system.

I knew you had a lot running on system before this product, can always see it in MSCONFIG.

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Ugh, I use the one in Ccleaner. Is that one also bad???

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

HelpMe,

Most here will say any registry cleaner is bad, not useful, do more damage then good.

Although Ccleaners registry is a bit safer, do not bother with it.

Always make system restore points, could save you from a mistake you may make.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! Here's a new program by a old software provider. Works for me!

https://www.malwareb...rg/startuplite/

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Thanks donetao!! very light tool! But no unnecessary startups found :(

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

These programs are called Registry Cleaners. This kind of programs aren't good for your PC! A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance and can damage your Registry, which lead to an unbootable PC. At Geeks to Go we strongly advise that users don't use this kind of sketchy programs.

Here is some reading stuff for you:

Adding to this, here's another article you could read :

Why Using a Registry Cleaner Won’t Speed Up Your PC or Fix Crashes, on HowToGeek.

Personally, I'm against all these softwares that promises "registry cleaners", "PC Tune Up", "drivers updaters", etc. From the experience I had with them and assisting others that used these programs, they cause way more issues than they solve, trust me. They also cause random Windows issues that are solved by simply ... uninstalling these programs because they somehow messed up these Windows features.

tl;dr version : Stay away from these kind of programs.

The ONLY "registry clean" that will improve your boot time, is you managing the programs and services that are being launch on startup/computer boot, that's it.

Vladimir123

Vladimir123

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Hey, I currently have a slow start up ( used to be +180 seconds, now it's 85 seconds ) so I wonder if using this software really speeds up the start up, may someone experienced reply here about this software?

By the way, I used some of this software's features to speed up my PC and my PC is a litte bit faster now in booting up, however not that much and I am not even sure if it's faster thanks to this software or to the rest of things I did

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

Try this!

http://support.micro...rformance/en-us

DSTM

DSTM

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Whatever you do create a Registry Backup First because if these mostly Snake Oil programs screw up your Registry you are looking at a reinstall of the OS.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

I think I have meet you on another forum.

There hasn't been any  snake oil programs suggested on this topic by me!!

doneato :no: