Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Brand new PC build - consistent random crashes (SOLVED)

hardware crash freeze cpu gpu ram windows7 geforce motherboard help

• Please log in to reply

Panic Drill

Panic Drill

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Try plugging the external storage drive to a USB 2.0 socket, it may tehn appear in safely remove hardware.   If it does, I suspect there is something wrong with the USB 3.0 driver. 

Problem Solved.

Despite running multiple tests on all system hardware with no failures the problem was a faulty RAM stick. This is why you should probably never trust one single test as a conclusive troubleshot. If I had just replaced/tested the sticks weeks ago this problem would have been fixed. Thanks for the help and apologies for the stupid/easy solution to this issue. The RAM did pass multiple tests of MEMtest and I let that be the deciding factor for croosing out RAM as the problem.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,711 posts

Thank you for updating your topic and letting us know the problem is solved.

I try to use two memory tests, Memtest86+ and winnows own. Even then, you can have a bad stick that only shows up when actually running the system.

You are welcome :thumbsup:

Good luck for the future.