Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kensington mouse is very wobbly and choppy in FPS games

• Please log in to reply

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Hello again ladies & gentlemen. I have a Kensington Pro Fit Full-Size Wireless Mouse, the model number is M01130-M. The mouse is very wobbly, choppy, whatever the descriptive term is, it basically doesn't allow me to play any FPS on my PC. I always have the option for mouse smoothing, or something like that, in my games, but it doesn't do anything.

The problem is, my hands are giant gorilla hands, and so I can't just buy any old mouse, I need big mice, and this one is pretty big. Is there any settings I can change to make my mouse movement smooth in games?

Thank you

Also, I use Windows 7 home premium.

I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

Hello BearCavalry,

Can I ask if you have tried the mouse on another computer, if yes was it ok.

Do you have any other wireless devices close by that could be interfering with the signal.

Have the batteries been replaced.

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Hello BearCavalry,

Can I ask if you have tried the mouse on another computer, if yes was it ok.

Do you have any other wireless devices close by that could be interfering with the signal.

Have the batteries been replaced.

Hello Phillpower2. I don't have another computer that can play games, it's basically there for browsing the web.

I do not have any other wireless device anywhere near this laptop with the wireless mouse.

And I just replaced the batteries yesterday, and it hasn't changed the outcome.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

Hello BearCavalry,

No need for a gaming computer just one to test the behaviour of the mouse, just to clarify, is the issue only present when you are gaming or all of the time.

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Hello BearCavalry,

No need for a gaming computer just one to test the behaviour of the mouse, just to clarify, is the issue only present when you are gaming or all of the time.

This problem is only when I play games. I do not notice any problems when doing normal work.

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

What components make up your system? (Details of your PC)

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

What components make up your system? (Details of your PC)

Is the details in the CPU-Z not enough? They are right in my signature.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

BearCavalry,

A little courtesy please, HelpMeHelpYou has shown willing in trying to help you so please post the requested information.

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

BearCavalry,

A little courtesy please, HelpMeHelpYou has shown willing in trying to help you so please post the requested information.

My apology, I never realized I wasn't being courteous. I meant nothing by it, I just thought, because my link was in very small letters, that it was just overlooked. Again, I apologize.

Here are the details of my Laptop PC.

u3jTHKD.jpg

Here is the specifications of my Video Card.

smX1Bo8.jpg

Edited by BearCavalry, 29 July 2014 - 06:18 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

It is entirely possible that the issue is nothing to do with the mouse and is more to do with the integrated video chip not being able to cope, you have plenty of Ram btw but it is the slower 1333MHz type whereas 1600MHz would help with video/gaming performance.

Put your video chip through its paces with Valley Benchmark (free) which you can get from here then turning off the Powermizer Switch, see here

Do you have or can you borrow another mouse for testing purposes.

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

It is entirely possible that the issue is nothing to do with the mouse and is more to do with the integrated video chip not being able to cope, you have plenty of Ram btw but it is the slower 1333MHz type whereas 1600MHz would help with video/gaming performance.

Put your video chip through its paces with Valley Benchmark (free) which you can get from here then turning off the Powermizer Switch, see here

Do you have or can you borrow another mouse for testing purposes.

Dear Phillpower2. I never realized the problem could be with an integrated GPU, I do not know much at all about these things.

I downloaded the Valley Benchmark, if I run it, will it eventually finish and give me some kind of a result? Also, what does the Powernizer switch do? I have turned it off. Yes I have a different mouse I can try. I will let you know what happens.

Thank you for your help.

----------** I ran the Valley Benchmark**------------- But it didn't really give me any results that I could share with you,

Edited by BearCavalry, 31 July 2014 - 01:48 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

Only high end notebooks are designed for gaming, anything else is more for office and school work etc, basically the graphic requirements of modern games is too demanding for a video chip that cannot call on 12V and a large amount of amps from a PSU.

what does the Powernizer switch do? 

See here

How did trying the other mouse go.

----------** I ran the Valley Benchmark**------------- But it didn't really give me any results that I could share with you,

Good result for the video chip and notebook temps but less conclusive for the mouse.

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

How did trying the other mouse go.

I couldn't try the other mouse, the stupid uplay that connects my games won't let me login. I will tell you as soon as I can.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,772 posts

No problem and good luck  :thumbsup: