Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fujitsu Great Quality Laptop will not power on

• Please log in to reply

topkat690

topkat690

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi everyone I have a Great Quality laptop that the power cord tip was broken back in 2010 and I have just recently found a power cord for it but the laptop will not come on when plugged in my question is do I need to leave it plugged in with battery on it for a week or so, the battery charging light does not even light up I have bought and returned at least 4 charging cords because they did not turn it on the tips that went into the power hole on the laptop did not look like mine does that matter I will attach photoImg_140711151531.JPG DSCF0619crop.jpg

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! The picture looks like a power cord for a Apple computer.

Yes it maters if the tips are not the same. You need to get a AC adapter that is for your make and model.

Please post the make and model of your computer.

PS Computers are supposed to work without a battery and with a AC adapter!

topkat690

topkat690

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'm sorry donetao I should have  made mention mine is the cord on the right it is a LITEON model:PA-1121-02 and the laptop is a Great Quality model- GREEN 733 it is a Windows XP I'm trying to get my files off of it but it has not been on since 2010 all the cords I purchased were the same model but the tips were all different the one I have now is close to it but does not have the same grooves it only has one.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! I have never heard of your model!

This is the best I could do for you!!

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ec0d94244

topkat690

topkat690

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I know it is a Fry's Electronics product thanks for the link I will check it out.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

I know it is a Fry's Electronics product thanks for the link I will check it out.

You're very welcome! Good luck. Let me know how thing work out!