Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD2, Impure Client Detected Invaild .IWD files referenced!

• Please log in to reply

Mohmad

Mohmad

• Pip
  • 6 posts

When i Connect to a Server on COD2 1.3
before it loads the map i get an Error Msg!

Impure Client Detected Invaild .IWD files referenced!
C:\Program Files\Activision\COD2\main\iw_00.iwd

Attached Thumbnails

• shot0002.jpg

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

Do you get this error if you join different servers? Is this installed via steam? 

this is one of the default map files.  Sounds like it is corrupted.  If its installed from steam,then I would let steam do a file integrity check.  I can provide the steps to do so if needed. If not from steam, then I would uninstall the game and reinstall.  You might want to download the 1.3 patch from another source just to make sure that the patch itself wasn't the cause.

then I would also update punkbuster after you get done with the install. 

http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.  I'll gladly help if I am able to.

-starjax

Mohmad

Mohmad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Do you get this error if you join different servers? Is this installed via steam? 

this is one of the default map files.  Sounds like it is corrupted.  If its installed from steam,then I would let steam do a file integrity check.  I can provide the steps to do so if needed. If not from steam, then I would uninstall the game and reinstall.  You might want to download the 1.3 patch from another source just to make sure that the patch itself wasn't the cause.

then I would also update punkbuster after you get done with the install. 

http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.  I'll gladly help if I am able to.

-starjax

I Did everything u said,
but still getting the Same error

Edited by Mohmad, 26 July 2014 - 09:52 AM.

Mohmad

Mohmad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Edited by Mohmad, 26 July 2014 - 09:36 AM.

Mohmad

Mohmad

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Please Someone answer
i think that starjax will answer next month :\

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

Being rude, much less to a global moderator is uncalled for.  We all volunteer our time here.  i would suggest that you avail yourself of the search function for invalid iwd files. Sometimes we've been able to resolve them, and sometimes not.