Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display driver AMD driver has stopped responding (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Now back on the 14.7 RC beta driver. No more black screens, but back to chrome getting blocked from using graphics hardware.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Is this with K9 enabled.

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page )  thank you for understanding.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

With K9 enalbled yes. Will try with that disabled. I tried to edit, but I couldn't post anything below the XML code block. That's why I double posted.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:thumbsup:

If no joy with K9 disabled;

It is clear that something is conflicting with the AMD drivers.

Initially for testing purposes only, this to help to rule it in or out as the cause (by being over protective) write down your licence key for ESET and then uninstall it using the steps here

Check that Windows Defender and Firewall have been automatically enabled, test the computer and post back.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

I have determined that K9 is not the culprit. I will try without NOD32 and post back. Can't I just disable all NOD32 processes instead of uninstalling?

Edited by DeZiekeNon, 06 August 2014 - 05:14 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

K9 information acknowledged  :thumbsup:

Can't I just disable all NOD32 processes instead of uninstalling?

Unfortunately not as it could lead to you being left without AV protection or the system crashing if Defender detects that it is still installed.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

I am now trying with NOD32 uninstalled and Windows Defender and Firewall enabled. The problem is not consistent, so I'm waiting to see what happens.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

After having no issues for a while with NOD32 uninstalled, unfortunately chrome just got blocked from accessing the graphics hardware again, after trying to play a youtube video. I'm not gonna bother reinstalling NOD32 btw. I'll just rely on Windows Defender and Firewall.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Try the following;

Type about:plugins in the Chrome address bar and then press Enter, disable all plugins there and then enable them one by one to see if you are able to identify a plug in that is causing the issue.

Advertisements

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

As I mentioned in my OP I have tried disabling only the chrome the flash plugin, I thought at first that that solved my problem, but alas. I'll try with all of them disabled for a while and post back. 

Edit: I just realized I do need at least one flash plugin enabled, otherwise I can't play most media content I watch (youtube and twitch). So I'll leave the Windows Flash plugin enabled.

Edited by DeZiekeNon, 16 August 2014 - 01:07 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Still in trouble with all plugins (except the windows flash one) disabled.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Can I ask if IE is still disabled, if not please disable it, is Driver Verifier still running, if yes have you checked for any crash dumps which if available will be found at C:\Windows\Minidump 

In addition to the above, disable Windows flash player and try using Adobe Flash Player using the guide here please disregard any other product or service that may be offered at the link.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

IE was not disabled anymore. Now it is again.

I have not stopped DV, so I think it is still running. However, there is no Minidump file/folder, just as before.

I have now turned on the built in flash plugin and disabled the Windows one. Before I had them enabled and disabled the other way around. Below a screenshot of my current setting as of now. The greyed out plugin is disabled.

ofGAQJS.png

With the above settings the problem is much worse.

Edited by DeZiekeNon, 17 August 2014 - 06:20 AM.