Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display driver AMD driver has stopped responding (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts
With the above settings the problem is much worse.

Please describe the exact problem.

You have no crash dumps which suggests that the problem is not Windows but Google Chrome related, have you checked their Customer Services/Chrome Help page here

Advertisements

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Exact description of the problem: Sometimes when I play a youtube video, I get an error message in the bottom right corner of my screen stating that chrome.exe has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. After this, 1080p youtube video playback is not smooth. The error message used to be: Display driver AMD driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered (this repeatedly and in combination with my screen flickering to black for a moment). After a few times I would get the above error message about chrome.exe being blocked from accessing graphics hardware. After I set the TDRdelay in the registry to 8, I immediately get the previous error message (instead of after multiple AMD driver messages).

With pepflashplayer.dll enabled instead of the NPSWF32....dll, I get error messages more frequently (almost always). With NPSWF32....dll enabled I only get the error once in while.

I can't find a solution on the Chrome Help page.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Uninstall anything related to AMD/ATI, the drivers and CCC etc, you should be able to remove them through Control Panel, Programs > Uninstall program/s. reboot the computer and let windows install the generic drivers and see how that goes.

NB: You don`t have to install CCC if you don't use it.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

I will maybe try that soon. Lately I have not been experiencing any errors though. So I'll wait to see if the crash free streak continues. Yesterday I got an Adobe Flash update. Maybe that has something to do with it. 

I indeed don't use CCC and always choose to not install it. Same goes for the Gaming Evolved app.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Thanks for the update & fingers crossed  :thumbsup:

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Unfortunately I just got an error again. Will try with the generic drivers soon.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Thanks for the update.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Just removed AMD drivers. I received no error message after playing one youtube video. I'll operate without drivers for a while and see what happens.

I don't know if this is related or not, but Drivermax notes that my ATI I/O Communications Processor SMBus Controller is not up to date (Windows does think it is up to date). However, when I try to download drivers with DriverMax I alsways get "Error 76712 - Invalid download file for ****. Please try another driver.", so I can't update through DriverMax. Is the mentioned update important and maybe connected to my graphics driver issues?

Edit: Without AMD drivers installed I experience zero errors. I'm going to install the new AMD beta (aug 12) drivers. The previous ones were from the 9th of july.

Edited by DeZiekeNon, 02 September 2014 - 12:51 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

SMBus drivers should only be downloaded from the MBs chipset provider, do you have a link to what Drivermax was suggesting.

Beta drivers details acknowledged.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

This is what DriverMax suggests:

wyuq956.png

Clicking on "more options..." leads to this page:

http://www.drivermax...MBus Controller

Edit: I got an error once with the Windows drivers installed.

Edited by DeZiekeNon, 03 September 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Do you have a crash dump for the latest error.

If there is no yellow yellow ! next to the SMBus Controller in Device Manager ignore DriverMax suggestions.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

No minidump folder in C:Windows.

I installed the latest beta driver. Youtube still crashes.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

If no crash dumps what was the error message.

Any yellow ! in Device Manager.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

The error is always the same: Chrome has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware.

No yellow exclamation marks in device manager.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Sorry but I have run out of ideas and can only suggest that you post your problem on the Chrome Help Forum here as there is a chance that one of their staff will look into the issue for you.

Is IE still disabled and have you checked in the Google settings that Google/Chrome is your default browser.