Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display driver AMD driver has stopped responding (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

That's too bad. Thanks for all your help anyway.

IE is still turned off and Chrome is the default browser.

I'll post if I find a solution.

Edited by DeZiekeNon, 07 September 2014 - 08:19 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Aye I never like to admit defeat but sometimes things are out of hands and only the software or service provider can provide the solution.

You are most welcome btw and we would appreciate any solution that you find yourself or that Google may provide, I doubt that this is an isolated issue.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Shortly after my last post I stopped getting youtube errors and I have had no errors since. Probably a flash/chrome/windows update.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Great news and thank you for the follow up DeZiekeNon  :thumbsup:

If you are happy to do so we can mark your topic as resolved and that way anyone searching for an answer to the same question will hopefully find your thread and probable solution.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

You're welcome.

Sure this topic can be marked as resolved. Thanks again for your help.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Thanks and you are most welcome  :)

Don't forget that you don't need to be having computer issues to visit the forums so hopefully we will see you around   :thumbsup:

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Follow up:

I am still experiencing some graphics card/drivers related problems. Youtube is working fine but sometimes other applications get blocked access to graphics hardware and sometimes Starcraft 2 crashes when loading a game, which might be related (OpenGL/Direct3D error or something).

Yesterday AMD released a new driver: Version 14.9. Hoping this driver might improve my situation I just tried to install it. Then I got a BSOD stating that driver verifier detected a violation. So what is going on?

Edited by DeZiekeNon, 30 September 2014 - 10:03 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

DV should not be left running unless you are troubleshooting so please disable it, go to Start and then enter into the Search field verifier /reset then restart the computer and test.

NB: Remember that newer drivers are not always best.

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

I had already forgotten that DV was running. I'll disable it and see if I can install the new driver. I indeed recall that newer drivers aren't necessarily better, but I'm going to try this new one to see if my situation will improve. If not, I'll go back to the 14.7 beta. 

Thanks again Phillpower2!

Edit: New driver installed. I'll see how it goes for a week and post the results.

Edited by DeZiekeNon, 30 September 2014 - 04:35 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

You are welcome DeZiekeNon  :thumbsup:

Advertisements

DeZiekeNon

DeZiekeNon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

The 14.9 driver is definitely working best for me. Youtube no longer crashes and also the weird stutter between 3 and 5 seconds which I experienced consistently has disappeared. Starcraft II still crashes on the loading screen occasionally, but I think that is an unrelated issue.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Thanks for the update and fingers still crossed  :thumbsup: