Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Drivers cause looping boot

• Please log in to reply

dredge

dredge

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Hello, My stepson has an old Compac sr2020nx desktop. He wanted some games on it, so I got an EVEG 8400GS video card for it. I uninstalled the on-board graphics and installed the card. The card was used but guaranteed to work. I downloaded the drivers from NVidia and installed them. Everything OK so far. After restart, the computer goes through compac screen, windows load screen, then back to compac screen, then to screen saying windows didn't load properly, i tell it to load windows again and the cycle repeats. I uninstalled all the old drivers before i installed the card. any thoughts, or am i beating a dead horse here.

Advertisements

dredge

dredge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

I should also include that it will start in safe mode, so i sure it's a driver issue, but not sure of a solution, if there is one.