Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP pixel lines, computer won't boot

• Please log in to reply

adrianutul

adrianutul

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello,yesterday it happen for the first time.Searching with google chrome strange lines with alot of different colours appeared and the computer shuts down.I restarted it and the lines were prezent even in the startup.But it worked.Today i wasn't so lucky.The lines were still here and the computer don't even start.After the windows xp loading screen the screen goes black and nothing happens.I opened the PC case and removed,cleaned and put back the video card.Still won't boot,any suggestions?

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

Please post make and model!

Do you know if the PC has a inboard graphics card? Have you tried a different monitor? Can you hear the drive spin up and fans running? Have you checked cables and other connections? Are you able to inter into the BIOS?

doneato!