Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Cant join multiplayer games

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I built my ow PC and when I try and play some games on steam (the main gaming site) any game where I have a list of servers to join, no servers appear, I can look on the internet for a server IP and directly connect when the game allows it. One game I bought recently doesnt have a list of servers just a 'play' button, but this is the only case where this doesnt work and i cant find a game. (This game is called minimum). It doesnt seem like an internet connection problem as my internet isnt bad and I even have it connected by an ethernet cable. I have tried steam support but they are useless, and I dont think the problem is on their side anyway. Some of these games include DayZ Chivalry:medieval warrior and Garys Mod. 
Thanks in advance

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Who is your ISP? What plan are you on? What is your router model? 

First of all check your router, and the setting on the hardware firewall that it may contain.

Set it to low if you can,flood protection should be turned off if the option exists.

Then test to see if the server list is generated in the game.

Make sure you are not running a software firewall at the same time on the pc its self.

Only use one firewall, hardware or a software one.
Port forward the ports used for the game making sure you use both protocols TCP, UDP, to open port ranges.

Check that UDP is enabled in the router.

Let us know if this fixes it or if something else happens....

Good luck...........~Adam~