Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hi I followed a link here and got myself in trouble

• Please log in to reply

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

ok.. tyvm... ill try and do that tomorrow.. asap!! 

You are very welcome!

Let me give you a simple example.

You have created a image of your HD; and a system repair disc.   (http://windows.micro...tem-repair-disc)

You start having problems like you just had.

You pop in the system repair disc.

Go to the option that says restore your PC to a image created earlier. Follow the wizard!

Your back in business. Just like the day you created that image.

I've been there and done that. It's works

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture48.JPG

Edited by donetao, 01 August 2014 - 12:25 AM.

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello canadianchicklet

Please don't let every thing Aura has fixed for you be in vane .

Create a back up image of your OS as soon as you can, on a external Drive(ect).

You won't need those CD's that you have lost; when you moved, and you won't need your X to bail you out. :laughing:

I've had a very long day.

Good night and good luck!

PS Nice work Aura!! I can't even remember when I was 20 :laughing: I'm 76 and holding.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Good morning chicklet :)

Alright so here's what you can do :
  • Uninstall Auslogics DiskDefrag - Windows have an in-built DiskDefragging feature, why use a third-party one ? Except if you want to keep it, uninstall it;
  • Uninstall Big Fish: Game Manager - If you don't use it, uninstall it;
  • Uninstall File Association Helper - I find these kind of programs useless to be honest. If you don't use it, uninstall it;
  • Uninstall GameXN Go - Seems like a simple client for random web games. Uninstall it if you don't use it;
  • Uninstall Glyph - Looks like a digital platform for games like Steam or Origin. If you don't use it, uninstall it;
  • Uninstall NCSOFT Game Launcher - If you don't play any NCSOFT games anymore, uninstall it;
  • Uninstall OpenOffice.org 3.3 - You have Microsoft Office, I guess you don't need OpenOffice anymore. If you do, uninstall it and install LibreOffice instead for an up to date version;
  • Uninstall PDF Converter - If that was the program throwing an error, tell me what the error is;
  • Uninstall WinZIP - You don't need two compression/archiving programs. Keep on using WinRAR;
Let me know if you come across any issues while uninstalling a program.

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

ok yes i totally understand and agree... i was at the mechanic from 8 am.. just got home... ill read carefully and do all this right now:).. and .. i wish i was 20 to!! 

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

oh... question tho.. to create this disc... wont the missing driver prevent that... idk.. i tried to copy my pictures onto a disc.. and it wouldnt start up

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

i uninstalled everything with no issues... but.. the pdf converter... doesnt do anything... nothing shows up... it just... doesnt move... i thought it was malware or something.. idk.. seems i had driver issue since that appeared.. but i am totally guessing

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

i uninstalled everything with no issues... but.. the pdf converter... doesnt do anything... nothing shows up... it just... doesnt move... i thought it was malware or something.. idk.. seems i had driver issue since that appeared.. but i am totally guessing

I see that you have CCleaner installed, is that right ?
Are you able to go uninstall it via the "Uninstaller" feature of CCleaner if you know how ?
Also you're right, the CD/DVD-ROM won't work until we fix the drivers issue.

And being 20 is good but ... I'm still being seen as a kid alot :P

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

and i tried creating a repair disc... but i cant because it wont recognize the cd/dvd... i really need to get that working again

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

ok i opened ccleaner... went to uninstall.. clicked pdf converter.. and nothing happened

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

and i tried creating a repair disc... but i cant because it wont recognize the cd/dvd... i really need to get that working again

I'll send a PM to a Technician to see if he have in hand the fix and a walkthrough of this fix I've been telling you about :)
Give me a few minutes.

Advertisements

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

ive googled and there is a pdf converter removal tool here

http://nuance.custhe...ll-instructions

whatcha think lol?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

ok thanks!

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Do you have that PDF Converter installation CD/DVD or not ?

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

no i dont.. the only recent things i installed via disc was my new wireless dlink modem

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

no i dont.. the only recent things i installed via disc was my new wireless dlink modem

Let's try another method.
Download Revo Uninstaller Portable and extract the archive;
Launch the .exe (doesn't require any installation);
In the program list that will be created, select PDFConverter to uninstall it;
Change the scan type to the highest and pursue with the installation;
Once Revo detects that it has been "uninstalled", wait for it to scan for left over Registry entries and files and folders;
You'll want to click on Select all then Delete for both the Registry leftovers and files and folders

Report back here and tell me how it went.

Edited by Aura, 01 August 2014 - 01:32 PM.